Grassmoor pond was dug as part of the Grassmoor colliery workings which closed in 1950. Grassmoor pond is situated within the Grassmoor country park.
The pond has 24 fishable pegs.
The pond is around 1.7 acres with the maximum depth being around 5 foot, the bottom is generally snag free and has a clay bottom.
There large carpark which is shared with other users of Grassmoor country park. The carpark is adjacent to Birkin Lane.
The Sat Nav co-ordinates to the access gate for Grassmoor pond are 53-12-00N 1-23-05W.
There is a mixture of fish species which include Carp, Bream, Roach, Rudd, Perch, Tench and pike.
The catch rate is generally Good and has a medium difficulty.
Additional Pond Rules
- Pond open all year round but no keepnets (except in matches) between 14th March and 16th June
- Fish dawn to dusk only.
- Night Fishing prohibited at this pond.
- A maximum of 2lb ground bait to be used per fishing session.
- Pond can be fished with a day ticket, day tickets are purchased from resident bailiffs
- Fishing at Grassmoor is only allowed on the larger of the two ponds, fishing is prohibited on the small pond adjacent to the Birkin Lane.